The Summer of 2014 will from this day forward be remembered as the summer of the watermelon in our house. We just can’t get enough. It’s obscene how much we’ve eaten and this salad pretty much ensures that we’ll eat our weight in the melon at least two more times before the juicy fruits go out of season! That’s not weird at all. But this salad, OMG this salad!!! I love the basil watermelon combo so much, but the pine nuts and balsamic take it over the edge. Hope you love as much as I do! xx- Sarah
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/3 cup basil chiffonade
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fig balsamic
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Maldon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toast pine nuts on a baking sheet for approximately 5 minutes, until light brown. Watch closely, they will burn quickly!
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and balsamic with a good pinch of salt and a bit of fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- In a medium serving bowl combine watermelon, basil and pine nuts. Dress with balsamic/olive oil and sprinkle generously with Maldon salt.