Good morning friends, happy Tuesday! Today I’ve got a variation on one of my winter staples- rice porridge! It’s such a hearty, delicious, indulgent and healthy way to start the day that I come back to it again and again. And this variation, made with forbidden rice, is no exception. It takes a bit of time to cook up but it’s worth every minute. I love it for a weekend breakfast, when the rain is running down the windows and the wind is whipping the trees around. A warm bowl of rice porridge feels so cozy. Hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 1 cup forbidden rice
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 8 dates, pitted and chopped into tiny pieces
- sea salt
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- bee pollen
- Trader Joe's Super Seed & Ancient Grain Blend
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh colander until water runs clear.
- Place rice, dates, a pinch of sea salt and 1 can of coconut milk in a heavy, lidded pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add additional can of coconut milk and stir continuously until rice is thoroughly cooked and coconut milk has thickened.
- Spoon into bowls. Top with sliced bananas, broken pieces of frozen raspberries, bee pollen and Trader Joe's Seed + Grain blend.