Stone fruits are coming into season, hallelujah! Cherries are my favorite of all of them- and since they’re so expensive and in season for such a short time they’re like juicy, extra-coveted little gems to me! The amount of flavor in each one reminds me how magical this world is- how incredible it is that the earth provides us with such a vast amount of things to eat, taste, enjoy. We’re lucky ones!
This salad is a mixture of farmer’s market finds- apricots, cherries, heaps of mint, sheep’s milk feta, quinoa and pistachios. So much flavor, so light and perfect for Spring, so beautiful to look at. Magical indeed. Recipe below, I hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 2 cups cooked tri-color quinoa, chilled (I use this recipe to prepare quinoa)
- 1 small apricot
- 1 cup of pitted, halved cherries
- 1/2 cup rough chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of rough chopped roasted + salted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- sheep's milk feta to garnish
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Maldon Salt
- Prepare dressing by combining shallot, olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar and sea salt in a small bowl. Add salt to your taste.
- Mix quinoa, mint and enough dressing to please your taste preference. Set aside or refrigerate (it's nice for the quinoa and mint to have time to sit in the dressing and develop more flavor, so preparing in advance of serving is a great if you have the time!)
- Prepare apricot by removing stones and slicing into half moons.
- Spoon quinoa/mint mixture onto a serving plate. Tope with cherries, apricots, pistachios and sheep's milk feta. Drizzle with a little additional dressing, sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper and Maldon salt.
This is so beautiful and has so many gorgeous colours! Stone fruits are my favourite so I love this!
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the idea of an almost fruit salad…
omg this is so beautiful!!! love it
This dish is beautiful! I don’t think I’ve actually ever tried an apricot before, but this salad is inspiring me to give them a try! Pinned!
This looks so delicious… I am so excited about stone fruit season! And then you added mint and… *swoon*
Woot! Woot! Happy dance that stone fruits are coming back into season. Cherries and peaches are my very favorite fruit. And throw them in a salad with some mint and quinoa. . .and my eyes start to bug out. Yum!
This looks so delicious!!
Oh I can’t wait until stone fruit season comes to New England, we have quite some time before that happens :/
This is delicious recipe. I love everything that comes with quinoa and I’ll definitely try this recipe soon 🙂
um, this looks AMAZING. and i’m finally catching up on your blog! hooray! xx
such a beauty. I cannot wait until stone fruit arrives here!! Love love love. xo
I have to try this! How many does it serve?
Wow, this looks amazing! Apricots and cherries together sound great. I might need to make this! Thank you for sharing!
What a beautiful AND delicious salad!! Tried it last night and what a hit with everyone!
This looks amazing!! Holy cow, I can’t wait to try it.
I’m so late commenting on this but it looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it!
What a gorgeous salad! I love the combination of stone fruits + quinoa – great job and thank you for sharing 🙂 xoxoxo
It is good & tasty. Quinoa seeds are very healthy for a body
It has a rich amount of fiber, antioxidants, and iron
we provide the Organic Quinoa Seeds.so let’s start to buy Quinoa seeds at Nourish you