Yesterday at a little before 5:30 we were handed the keys to our new home! That feeling, I swear there’s nothing like it! As you may remember from this post, a home means the world to me and because of my colorful history I have such a deep appreciation for it. I can’t wait to share this next house adventure with you! Today we’ll be photographing it (for all the many “before” photos to come) and starting in on painting. We have a long, labor intensive week before we move in on Sunday. So I’m cooking up super easy meals like these spicy potato tacos to keep us fueled up and happy! May I recommend them for weeknight dining when time is short and hunger is high?! Hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 3 small red potatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 2 avocados
- hot sauces of your choice (I love this one and this one
- Maldon Salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash potatoes, pierce with a fork and place in oven on a baking sheet. Cook for 30-45 minutes, or until soft and easily pierced with fork.
- Warm tortillas over an open flame if possible, or heat in a skillet. (I usually make my own but at times like this I buy Organic Sprouted Corn Tortillas from the market and they make throwing together meals that much quicker!)
- Cut potatoes in half. Smash 1/2 of each potato over a tortilla. Sprinkle each taco with red onion, add jalapenos and avocado slices.
- Garnish with cilantro and generous amounts of hot sauce. Top with a sprinkle of Maldon and serve immediately.