Yesterday at a little before 5:30 we were handed the keys to our new home! That feeling, I swear there’s nothing like it! As you may remember from this post, a home means the world to me and because of my colorful history I have such a deep appreciation for it. I can’t wait to share this next house adventure with you! Today we’ll be photographing it (for all the many “before” photos to come) and starting in on painting. We have a long, labor intensive week before we move in on Sunday. So I’m cooking up super easy meals like these spicy potato tacos to keep us fueled up and happy! May I recommend them for weeknight dining when time is short and hunger is high?! Hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 3 small red potatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 2 avocados
- hot sauces of your choice (I love this one and this one
- Maldon Salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash potatoes, pierce with a fork and place in oven on a baking sheet. Cook for 30-45 minutes, or until soft and easily pierced with fork.
- Warm tortillas over an open flame if possible, or heat in a skillet. (I usually make my own but at times like this I buy Organic Sprouted Corn Tortillas from the market and they make throwing together meals that much quicker!)
- Cut potatoes in half. Smash 1/2 of each potato over a tortilla. Sprinkle each taco with red onion, add jalapenos and avocado slices.
- Garnish with cilantro and generous amounts of hot sauce. Top with a sprinkle of Maldon and serve immediately.
Looks amazing and so simple Sarah! I love it!
Spicy tacos, my fave. Looks delicious!! But most importantly, I need to know where you got that tablecloth (kitchen towel??) with the hot pink stripe!! Love it!
Thanks Gabrielle! That belongs to my friend (and current house-mate)! I believe it’s a Thai fabric and you can probably find similar on etsy or ebay! xx
I love avocado, looks yummy
Well, this is a different take on potato tacos! The only ones I’ve had have a mashed potato filling with Mexican cheese, corn tortilla folded and deep fried–they’re delicious but I am loving this fresher (and lighter) take on the potato taco! Those two hot sauces are easily found in local stores, too, yum.
Oh congrats on the new home!! I can’t wait to see the before and after pictures!! Paining can be fun but sooo time consuming! These potato tacos are great!! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy looks delicious 😀
Oh my!!! These look insanely good! And super easy! I’m definitely putting these on the rotation! Thanks for the inspo!
how exciting! i cannot wait for the photos! congratulations!!!
These tacos look amazing!
Avocados are among my favorite foods (they help me with my heartburns) and I really love tacos, but I often fond it difficult to eat them in an elegant way. They are always falling apart, the sauce is all over my hands while I try to catch pieces of veg falling down.
While simple, these tacos still manage to look elegant and vibrant. These will definitely be making it onto my lunchtime menu.
These photos are so beautiful. What camera do you use?! Looks delicious 🙂
Having read this I believed it was extremely enlightening. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this article together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!