Hello my friends, happy Monday! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I enlisted the help of my genius partner in crime Farra, to help me come up with a gorgeous holiday cocktail for you (and then style it out for me to photograph of course)! Isn’t it the prettiest? And the hibiscus are such a festive and delicious ingredient- I’ve never used them before but I’m now officially obsessed. Like Bubba obsessed: fried hibiscus, hibiscus kabobs, hibiscus scampi, hibiscus soup. Hahahaha! Ok, gotta get back to packing but one last thing before I do- my Joss & Main sale ends tomorrow so pop over if you haven’t already!! xx- Sarah
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of dried hibiscus (find it here)
- 7 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- white rum
- coconut sugar
- petals to garnish (optional)
- - Bring 3 cups of water and hibiscus to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer until a deep pink color.
- - Remove from heat, add honey, taste and adjust sweetness to your preference. Strain and cool hibiscus water.
- - Spread coconut sugar on a small plate. Dip rim of serving glasses in hibiscus water, and dip rims in coconut sugar.
- - To serve, muddle 2 strawberries,fill glass with ice and add 1 oz of rum for a short cocktail and 2 oz for a tall. Add hibiscus water and taste. Adjust alcohol to your preference.
- - Garnish with steeped hibiscus/ pink petals. Serve and enjoy!