Hello my friends, happy Monday! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I enlisted the help of my genius partner in crime Farra, to help me come up with a gorgeous holiday cocktail for you (and then style it out for me to photograph of course)! Isn’t it the prettiest? And the hibiscus are such a festive and delicious ingredient- I’ve never used them before but I’m now officially obsessed. Like Bubba obsessed: fried hibiscus, hibiscus kabobs, hibiscus scampi, hibiscus soup. Hahahaha! Ok, gotta get back to packing but one last thing before I do- my Joss & Main sale ends tomorrow so pop over if you haven’t already!! xx- Sarah
Strawberry Hibiscus Rum Punch
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of dried hibiscus (find it here)
- 7 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- white rum
- coconut sugar
- petals to garnish (optional)
- - Bring 3 cups of water and hibiscus to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer until a deep pink color.
- - Remove from heat, add honey, taste and adjust sweetness to your preference. Strain and cool hibiscus water.
- - Spread coconut sugar on a small plate. Dip rim of serving glasses in hibiscus water, and dip rims in coconut sugar.
- - To serve, muddle 2 strawberries,fill glass with ice and add 1 oz of rum for a short cocktail and 2 oz for a tall. Add hibiscus water and taste. Adjust alcohol to your preference.
- - Garnish with steeped hibiscus/ pink petals. Serve and enjoy!
Copyright A House in the Hills
OMG! This. is. unreal. Your recipes are always so creative! Xo, Alison
How lovely! What a gorgeous photographs, too! <3
Absolutely gorgeous! Happy moving and happy nesting!
I love hibiscus tea! I’ll have to try this ‘version’ of tea too!
Yum! Sounds amazing!
Love you’re idea! I have an obsession with hibiscus. Just love the combination of strawberry and hibiscus, but I make it as agua fresca or ice pops! Never thought of adding booz! Hahah
Strawberries just came into season here in FL – this is added to the top of my list on more ways to use them! Yum!
Hi colleagues, its enormous paragraph cߋncerning tutorinbgand ϲompletely defined, keep it up all tҺе time.