This has been my entertaining go-to as of late: a heaping piled of grilled veggies served with herb whipped goat cheese, which happens to be so tasty that I would eat ANYTHING it was spread upon . This is so easy to throw together, leaving plenty of time for chatting with guests, and is always a hit! We usually grill some chicken to go with it and serve alongside a giant summer salad. It’s delicious and satisfying, un-fussy but still worthy of guests. I’m a fan and hope you will be too! xx- Sarah PS if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, chop them up and combine them with reamaining herb whipped goat cheese for a beautiful summer salad (see mine here)!
- 3 ears of corn, husks removed
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-1/2 " pieces
- 2 summer squash sliced lengthwise into 1/4-12" pieces
- 3 pattypan squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-1/2" pieces
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 4 carrots, halved
- 3 spring onions, halved
- coconut oil
- 4 oz organic goat cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon organic creme fresh
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 sprig of mint
- 1/2 sprig of sage
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- chopped chives, chive flowers, and tarragon sprigs to garnish (optional)
- Prepare grill by bringing to medium high heat.
- Brush vegetables lightly with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place veggies on the grill in batches, grilling until soft and blackened. Try not to fuss with them too much to achieve beautiful grill marks!
- Pile veggies on a platter as they are cooked.
- While veggies are cooking place goat cheese, creme fresh, cream, herbs, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt into a small mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, combine over low speed, increasing speed to whip ingredients together. Taste and adjust salt to your preference. Top with chopped chives and chive flowers.
- Serve vegetable platter with herb whipped goat cheese and enjoy!