I’m missing cocktails something hard these days- the sun is shining non stop, there’s that evening breeze that makes a hand without a cocktail feel just wrong, and, well frankly, being pregnant makes me want to imbibe. Since I’m showing necessary restraint, having only a glass of rose here or there, I thought I’d woo you all with the drink I’d be having were I not concentrating on growing the healthiest human I can manage. The ginger mojito. Sparkling ginger ale adds just the right amount of pep to a classic mojito, and the sweetness is jusssttt riiiigggghhhtt. So without further torturing myself, photos and recipe below! xx- Sarah
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz rum
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 12 mint leaves
- Redd's Ginger Brew or other high quality ginger ale/beer
- in glass (8-10oz) add in lime juice, mint leaves and 2oz. white rum with ice and stir for 15 seconds.
- Fill remainder of glass with Reed’s Extra Ginger Brew.
- Garnish with a large sprig of mint and enjoy!