Happy Tuesday my friends! Today I’ve got a super simple, delicious treat for you- my recent favorite to serve friends as an appetizer! These crispy smashed potatoes with Silk dairy-free yogurt and Za’atar are decadent and full of flavor but also light, healthy and fun! I’d also cook them up for Lou and I to eat alongside a giant green salad. What’s not to love about potatoes turned crispy with creamy yogurt and herbalicious Za’atar?!
I’m so happy to see more dairy alternatives coming into the marketplace as I know so many of us are trying to limit (or even exclude) it as we strive to be our healthiest selves. So when Silk reached out to introduce their new dairy-free yogurt I was excited to hear that it’s made from non-GMO soybeans, free of high fructose corn syrup, and free of artificial colors and flavors. As a major bonus it contains live and active cultures (so important for a healthy gut, and a healthy immune system)! Here’s to all of us trying to make small changes for better health!!!
- 24 red fingerling potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 /4 cup Silk dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Gomashio (or 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon of hearty sea salt)
- 2 teaspoons Sumac
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Fill a large pot with water and add potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes can be pierced with a fork- around 20 minutes. Don't overcook the potatoes, you'll want them semi-firm so that they'll stay in one piece when you smash them.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare yogurt dressing by combining yogurt, juice of 1 lemon (more or less to taste) and a hearty pinch of sea salt (more to taste). It should be tangy and salty!
- Make Za'atar by mixing Oregano, Gomashio, and Sumac in a small bowl.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and refill pot with cold water.
- Smash potatoes by placing between two dishtowels and pressing down with your hands. Transfer to a well oiled baking sheet.
- Generously drizzle all smashed potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and Fresh cracked pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 20-15 minutes, or until crispy!
- Remove potatoes, transfer to serving platter and splatter with yogurt dressing. Sprinkle generously with Za'atar, and serve immediately! Enjoy!!
This post was produced in partnership with Silk. Thank you for supporting our sponsors! ( You can find a coupon for Silk dairy-free yogurt here, or participate in their Taste the Goodness challenge here!)