Hi my friends! How did the holiday weekend treat you? I’m feeling a bit reluctant to do anything but eat, drink and laugh with friends (why can every weekend be as delicious as this one?!) To lure myself back into the work week I made a raspberry pecan oat bake for breakfast this morning to help me rally. And it’s delicious! The perfect amount of hearty and lightly sweet, filling and energizing, healthy and decadent. It’s pretty great, if I do say so myself. I think it’ll become a regular in the breakfast rotation around here! Hope you love as much as I do! xx- Sarah
- 2 cups rolled oats
- (1) 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup raspberries (I used frozen)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 chopped pecans + large handful more to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a mixing bowl combine oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and mix well. Add raspberries and pecans, stirring until thoroughly incorporated.
- In another bowl combine coconut milk, maple syrup (add more if you prefer a sweeter breakfast), apple sauce, and egg. Whisk together.
- Coat a 7X10" pan with butter or coconut oil. Pour oat mixture into pan, then top with coconut milk mix. Run a spoon along edges to make sure coconut milk reaches bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until top is browned.
- Serve immediately!