Hello my friends, happy Monday! How was your weekend? Our was pretty magical- hopefully you’ve been following along on my Instagram where I’m sharing all the incredible things we’re seeing! We’re still in Tahoe- I don’t want to leave! Saturday we hiked Rubicon trail- and since our RV is too long to be allowed in the park and we had to walk in to the trailhead, it ended up being a 17 mile hike. I’ve never walked that far before- my legs ached and there were moments when I was so walk-weary that I thought I might rather sleep in the forest than take another step. Which made for an ENORMOUS sense of accomplishment when we made it back to our home on wheels!
All of that brings me to this meal- a fig and cheddar grilled cheese with a simple green salad. AKA the best thing I’ve eaten in weeks. Food tastes great when eaten outdoors and even better when your legs feel like they’re going to fall off, apparently. HA! But seriously, if you haven’t cooked a grilled cheese on an actual grill (this was my first time) DO IT! Do it now. Figs are going out of season, so snap them up and make this sandwich, I promise you’ll love it. Until tomorrow…. xx- Sarah PS- yes that is me wrapping chocolate in roasted marshmallows with the biggest grin you’ve ever seen. I’m quite happy here on the road, in the forest, beside campfires, and most especially when eating grilled cheese and marshmallows. Life if good.
- Medium crusty sourdough baguette
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- Figs, stems removed and sliced
- Butter or ghee
- Maldon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Prepare grill with charcoals or if you're using a gas grill bring to med/low heat
- Slice baguette in half, butter outsides generously.
- Place thick slices of cheese on one side of the bread, layer with figs, sprinkle with Maldon salt and fresh cracked pepper. Place other side of bread on top, forming sandwich.
- Place sandwich on grill and cook until bottom is charred and lovely. Flip and cook until cheese is melted through.
- Serve immediately (we enjoyed ours with a mixed green salad with high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh cracked pepper and a little splash of balsamic vinegar.