I was crazy excited when Origins asked me to produce a recipe inspired by their Plantscription collection because, and I do not say this lightly, I’m OBSESSED with their products! Formulated without harmful parabens, phthalates, or propylene glycol, the anti-aging Plantscription collection contains highly potent plant ingredients sourced from all over the world. They created this charming video to speak to some of the ingredients found in the formula and I used it to inspire today’s recipe with PEAS! Who knew these delicious little green nuggets could make your dinner so amazing while also helping to combat signs of aging in your skin? Ok, so this pea pesto recipe is incredible and worthy of all my excitement- BUT IT GETS BETTER! Origins is going to give one lucky reader everything that you see below, a $500 gift basket of Plantscription goodness, including the Plantscription anti-aging power serum. These are products I use and adore, so I know you’re going to love them too! Please pop over to the Origins website to check out the full collection and leave a comment below about which product you’re most excited to try. The lucky winner will be chosen randomly one week from today. Please read official rules and regulations here. Good luck everyone! xx- Sarah
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted (or fresh peas boiled until cooked)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (more to garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (more as needed)
- 9 ounces wide ribbon pasta
- 1 orange
- finishing salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water with a splash of olive oil to boil.
- In a food processor fitted with an "S" blade combine peas, mint, garlic, pine nuts and 1/8th teaspoon sea salt. Blend quickly.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to food processor and continue to mix, adding additional olive oil until you have reached a pleasing consistency.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Reserve a little of the cooking water.
- In a mixing bowl toss pasta and pesto to your preference. Add a splash of pasta cooking water to noodles and pesto to assist with mixing.
- Garnish with finishing salt, fresh cracked pepper, finely chopped pine nuts and zest of 1 orange.
- Serve hot and enjoy!