Origins Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Origins Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to only those legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who meet the eligibility requirements. Employees of A House in the Hills, Origins Natural Resources, The Estee Lauder Companies and any of their affiliates, subsidiaries and parent companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employees are not eligible to win a prize. Subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws, directives and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsors: The co-sponsors of this Sweepstakes are Origins Natural Resources, 767 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10153 and Sarah Yates, A House in the Hills, 8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 750, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (the “Sponsors”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on September 21, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on September 28, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
5. How to Participate:
The sweepstakes may only be entered online, by leaving your email address in a comment at the end of the specified post on the A House in the Hills blog located at www.ahouseinthehills.com. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, illegible or incomplete registrations, reviews, or entries. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsors’ discretion. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited. Normal Internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person or email address. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
6. Winner Determination: Thewinner of the Sweepstakes will be selected by random drawing at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period.
THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL HE/SHE SATISFIES ALL REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified that they have won by email, within seven (7) days of the drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Winners may be required to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability within 5 days of notification. Once the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability is received, winner has 5 days to claim the prize package. Failure to return all required forms within 5 days or to comply with any other provision of this Sweepstakes may result in the winner being disqualified and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason, the applicable prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. All decisions are final. All Federal, state and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winners
Acceptance of any portion of the prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsors and their designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, territory, province, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Prizes: One (1) winner will win an Origins Plantscription Line Basket (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of the prize is $500.00.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors’ discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
NOTE: there is no claim to cash payment.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s consent to Sponsors’ and their agents’ use of participant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. In the event that Sponsors make use of the license granted to it by non-winning participants, then such participants consent to Sponsors’ and their agents’ use of participant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for identification and/or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law. Depending upon the law of your country of residence, this release may not apply to claims against Sponsors, their representatives and their vicarious agents for damages because of personal injury or death, and to claims for damages in case of intent or gross negligence by Sponsors, their representatives or vicarious agents.
- General: Entrants release and waive any claims they may have against Releases for any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or parts thereof, or participation in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof.
If for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, The Sponsors reserve the right, at their discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsors reserve the right to conduct a random drawing to award all remaining prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect online entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account entered. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met.
The Sponsors and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s) (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively with the Promotion Entities, the “Releases”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; inability to access the Entry Site; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any web site (including the Entry Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or any combination thereof.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or useor misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsors, in their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.