Oh, hey. It’s me. I’ve got these sweet potato things for you. It’s not a big deal, really, it will just CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER. It’s just sweet potato, spicy black beans, cilantro, lime crema, avocado. A magical combination of so many things that are ridiculously delicious coming together to make your mouth dance, kinda like this. No biggie. xx- Sarah
- 4 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoons pink himalayan sea salt
- 2 limes
- cilantro (to garnish)
- avocado (optional, for serving)
- - Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- - Thoroughly wash and dry sweet potatoes. Pierce each potato multiple times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 60-75 minutes, or until cooked through and soft.
- - While potatoes are baking combine drained cashews, juice of one lime, 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender and combine. Adjust consistency by adding water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture is light and creamy! Add additional lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
- - In a medium saute pan cook onions in coconut over medium low heat until softened, stirring frequently.
- - Add beans, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon of pink salt to saute pan and mix well. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- - When potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let sit until just cool enough to handle.
- - Slice potatoes lengthwise and scoop out about half of the potato. Set aside to eat later (I give the extra to our pups who LOVE it!)
- - Fill potatoes with black bean mixture, being careful to not tear the potatoes.
- - Drizzle potatoes with lime crema, garnish with chopped cilantro and sprinkle generously with Maldon salt. I enjoy a little extra lime juice, a side of avocado and some hot sauce!
- - Enjoy!