Oh, hey. It’s me. I’ve got these sweet potato things for you. It’s not a big deal, really, it will just CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER. It’s just sweet potato, spicy black beans, cilantro, lime crema, avocado. A magical combination of so many things that are ridiculously delicious coming together to make your mouth dance, kinda like this. No biggie. xx- Sarah
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoons pink himalayan sea salt
- 2 limes
- cilantro (to garnish)
- avocado (optional, for serving)
- - Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- - Thoroughly wash and dry sweet potatoes. Pierce each potato multiple times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 60-75 minutes, or until cooked through and soft.
- - While potatoes are baking combine drained cashews, juice of one lime, 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender and combine. Adjust consistency by adding water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture is light and creamy! Add additional lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
- - In a medium saute pan cook onions in coconut over medium low heat until softened, stirring frequently.
- - Add beans, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon of pink salt to saute pan and mix well. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- - When potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let sit until just cool enough to handle.
- - Slice potatoes lengthwise and scoop out about half of the potato. Set aside to eat later (I give the extra to our pups who LOVE it!)
- - Fill potatoes with black bean mixture, being careful to not tear the potatoes.
- - Drizzle potatoes with lime crema, garnish with chopped cilantro and sprinkle generously with Maldon salt. I enjoy a little extra lime juice, a side of avocado and some hot sauce!
- - Enjoy!
Copyright A House in the Hills
WHOA! Way to make sweet potatoes look gorgeous! This sounds amazing.
Ummm this looks DELICIOUS! I’m bookmarking this page fo sho!! Thanks for the dinner idea!
yesssss. these look so good!! Sweet potatoes are eaten a few times a week in our house and glad I can mix it up with this recipe!!! But really now I am starving…
yeah, they definitely look like they’d change my life forever. plus, i feel like i haven’t had a baked sweet potato in forever, either, so this is the perfect excuse!
these look delicious!
I love sweet potatoes but usually I just chop them up and chuck them into the oven for a bit. I’ve never tried them stuffed and I have clearly been missing out – they look incredible!
We have baked potato night nearly every week, so this will be an awesome variation to add to the list!
wow, these look amazing sarah!
you could seriously make the most mundane food gorgeous 🙂
I love sweet potatoes and this looks amazing with the lime crema!
With the higher income from his salary as compared to a student who only received
allowances, he began to increase his bets; sometimes going as high as
a few hundred dollars per stake (his salary was only about 2.
Women have not only a truly self-serving media center stage, they have the very real legal framework
to spearhead and catch their agenda. For cash games,
you should always sit down at the table with at least 20-25 buy-ins for the level you intend to play at.
Oh bless these babies look delish! I love sweet potatoes and I haven’t though of stuffing them like you would a baking potato. But using these ingredients makes so much sense!! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Prettiest baked potatoes I’ve ever seen! My love for sweet potatoes just got deeper.
yum for lime crema! The simplest dishes are often the best.
Holy macaroni! These sweet potato look SO yummy stuffed with all these ingredients. I’m a sucker for anything sweet potato-based. 🙂
Yummy recipe and wonderful photos!
ummm…..OMG. These look amazing and I cannot wait to make them! Thanks for sharing!
These look absolutely scrumptious! Can’t wait to try them out!
Hiya very cool blog!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark
your web site and take the feeds additionally? I’m glad to seek out numerous useful information right
here within the put up, we need develop extra techniques on this regard, thanks
for sharing. . . . . .
This looks so so delicious!!
I love baked sweet potato, but haven’t had one in too long. So cute that your pups love to eat it! too cute!
http://www.teffyperk.com || Teffy’s Perks X
YUM! These pictures are totally mouth-watering! I’d add a tiny bit of cumin and garlic because that’s how I like red beans, but really you have me drooling with just sweet potatoes and beans! The simpler the better 😉
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I
provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog is in the
very same area of interest as yours and my users would
really benefit from some of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this alright with you. Appreciate it!
These sweet potatoes look amazing! I need to make the recipe asap.. pinned!
Oh my! This looks pretty delicious.
Your blog is so beautiful and I love this recipe!
Yep, it is settled. These are the best baked potatoes ever!
This looks fantastic — YUM!
This looks like heaven on a plate! Cant wait to try this!
Thank you for sharing your Superdelicious recipe and fabulous photos!
I will be so pleased if you join us on http://www.myTaste.com
See you! Cheers!
I made these and they’ve changed my life as well! My son is 24 and his comment, ” This is my favorite thing you’ve ever made!” My husband wants this once a week! My son and husband added shredded chicken to theirs but I had mine as is and they’re just an incredible healthy treat!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about the “lime creme!!!!!!!”
Thank you for this recipe. Fantastic!!!!!