Lately when I walk into the kitchen I have two distinct thoughts. The first: What can I make that would be good with chimichurri? The second: How can I get some chocolate and peanut butter in my mouth NOW! This is my life. Lucky for you it means I came up with a chocolate peanut butter (pretty damn close to instant) pudding. THAT IS HEALTHY. Kill me now. No don’t! I have too much pudding still to eat. And, since it shouldn’t go unmentioned- that is a peanut butter whipped cream you’re seeing piled on top of that chocolate peanut butter pudding. DOUBLE PEANUT BUTTER. Yes, that’s right! Send flowers. xx- Sarah
- 2 cans coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 2 hours*
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Scoop the solid part of the coconut milk from one can into a high powered blender, setting aside the liquid (can be used in smoothies later!)
- Add cocoa, dates, chia seeds and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter to the blender and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Scoop/pour pudding into jelly jars and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While pudding is chilling use a whisk to combine 1/8 cup of peanut butter and 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup (3 tablespoons makes it very sweet, use less if you prefer your sweets a little more mild).
- Add the solid coconut cream of the second can of coconut milk to the peanut butter, once again setting aside the liquid.
- Using a powered whisk or hand blender, combine until light and completely mixed.
- Scoop peanut butter whipped cream onto tops of pudding, sprinkle with cocoa powder, top with chopped nuts and serve!
The only brand of coconut milk I have found that consistently provides the thick cream that makes whipped coconut cream possible is Thai Kitchen. They do have offer organic unfortunately they do not offer BPA free cans, so we just enjoy it infrequently. It's such a good treat though when we do!
Since each can of coconut milk yields a little bit different amounts of the solid cream- play around with the amounts of sweetener dates,cocoa, maple syrup) and peanut butter to get a flavor you love!