roasted garlic hummus

i’ve been making hummus that i felt sort of meh about for a long time.  it was good, but for some reason never tasted as good as other people’s hummus.  you know how that happens?  and then…. i decided to try roasting my garlic before i added it.  i know, this isn’t revolutionary.  no one landed on the moon and it was only one giant step for ME, not mankind.  but STILL, i’m pretty excited.  so if you’ve been feeling meh about your own hummus, give this a shot.  and if you have other ideas for hummus i’d love to hear! (another hummus you might love)  more after the jump!

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups cooked chickpeas

1 garlic bulb

1 1/2 lemons

1 tablespoon tahini

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 cup water (more or less)

extra virgin olive oil

flat leaf parsley to garnish (optional)

paprika

METHOD:

- chop off top of garlic bulb revealing tops of cloves

- drizzle olive oil over bulbs

- wrap bulbs in tinfoil and roast at 400 degrees until solf and golden (took me about 45 minutes in a convection toaster oven, with three other bulbs)

- in a food processor with an s blade combine the chickpeas, sea salt, tahini, lemon juice and 5 roasted garlic cloves (use more or less to taste!)

- blend until hummus takes on a creamy texture  (add water little by little until you like the consistency)

- serve with a healthy drizzle of olive oil

- garnish with paprika and chopped flat leaf parsley

- enjoy!

1. Michele|

oh yes, hummus is so easy to experiment with! I went through phases of being unable to digest chickpeas very well (even after soaking beans and cooking long and slow, and removing skins), so I would try mixing other beans + sweet potato or butternut squash = also v good! Am gluten-free too, so it was another adventure to find a substitute for pita bread/chips :) Enjoy!

2. sarah yates|

thanks for chiming in everyone!

@ natalie- omg, that sounds like so much work but i have to try it! maybe that's the secret to those creamy store bought hummus that i've never been able to figure out!

@michele mmm, love the sweet potato/butternut squash ideas! i don't eat a lot of bread or pita either so it's all about putting hummus in collard wraps and nori wraps for me!

3. Claire|

Natalie is right! I did this a few weeks ago and it literally changed. my. life. I mean, my husband thought I was on the crazy train, peelin' chickpeas and all, but it was sooooo smoooth! Totally worth it in the end.

4. Clara|

Stunning, Sarah! I love homemade hummus and now find I can't tolerate anything you get in the grocery store because there's nothing like homemade. Can't wait to try your recipe. xx

5. Meg Sylvia|

I love using roasted garlic as well. I find fresh garlic to be a little bit too strong in hummus, although my recipe is still a bit different. Will have to try yours out to compare!

6. mes bijoux|

Wow! It looks o yummy… I adore hummus too, although I don't have time to do it by myself, then I buy a good one and I add dried garlic, good olive oil, sesame and my "secret" ingredient: papikra from de la Vera ( a special papikra from Galicia). If you come to Barcelona I will tell you whre you can find it. It is just amazing!

7. Lisa|

I always add pickled jalepenos and lots of cilantro – makes it a green colour but so tasty with a bit of a bite!

8. The Sims 4 Crack|

This Sims 4 Fracture – Free download Your Sims 5 Full Sport
    This Sims 4 Break
    Today we’re pleased to release one more Video game,
    on this occasion its This Sims 5 Full Game and Crack involved.
    We have used a while treating The Sims 5 to make the
    Bust To the Sims several, yet we’ve ultimately got, and after this we launch our Your Sims some Split.
    Using the Sims several Release with your Crack will give you the
    very best Sims some Knowledge achievable, most of
    us ensure it. Just about all undetectable highlights of The
    Sims several are incorporated with our The Sims some Split
    as well as every single undetectable character and it is customizations are already revealed to you through your Cracking team exclusively for you guys!

The actual Sims several Bust is made up of every slice world obtainable merely for individuals that
    purchased The particular Sims 5 Enthusiasts Format as well,
    because all of us really like The particular
    Sims some far too just as much as you choose to do: ). In order to make use of the Sims four
    Fracture with regard to COMPUTER you then have got 3
    possibilities to pick, sometimes utilize the Sims four Water model or
    even a non-steam edition. Our own Your Sims 5 Bust is effective pertaining to both designs of PERSONAL COMPUTER.

This Sims several Bust will continue to work forever, even if there is certainly the enlargement load up for your Sims some,
    just delight in taking part in The particular Sims several with your pals!