cauliflower “cous cous” with leeks and sun-dried tomatoes

what if i told you that you could eat something that was so similar to cous cous that you wouldn’t know the difference, but didn’t have any of the processed carbs AND had all the nutrition of cauliflower?  are you saying you’d want to marry me?  i don’t blame you, not one bit.  recipe and more after the jump!

INGREDIENTS

1 cup sun-dried tomatoes

4 heaping cups of cauliflower “cous cous”

2 cloves of garlic, minced

1 tablespoon grape seed oil

1 cup thinly sliced leeks

- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper

PREPARATION

- soak sun-dried tomatoes in water to rehydrate

- pulse cauliflower in food processor until it takes on the consistency and texture of cous cous

- sauté garlic and leeks in grape seed oil in a cast iron skillet (or frying pan) over medium/low heat for a few minutes

- drain and chop sundried tomatoes into small pieces and add to skillet.  continue to cook until the leeks are soft

- add cauliflower “cous cous” and cook until warmed through and softened (don’t overcook or it will get mushy)

- season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste

- enjoy!

1. Eva|

I'm definitely making this, I love cous cous and this is such a great healthier alternative!

2. Laura Podrasky|

Ok, in the last week alone I've wanted to make three of your recipes….I wish you'd just put out a cookbook already……This one look super yummy and easy to make. I think I can get my kids to eat it, too! A big bonus!

3. Carrie S.|

Can I just say, first of all, that I really look forward to your recipe posts! I eat very clean and am always looking for something new, and something my meat/carb-eating family will enjoy. Secondly, I am so into cauliflower lately! I've been eating it roasted (yes, straight out of the oven, standing at the range. don't judge.) a lot and will definitely try this recipe this weekend! Thank you!

4. tiffany|

i am more excited than i should admit that you posted this recipe! i love cous cous but avoid it as i don't like to indulge in too many grains, and this is a revolution! trying this weekend, thanks a million for sharing. xoxo, t.

5. Kate|

I just made this! I added a couple chopped kalamata olives and it was wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

6. Jena|

Is this good served room temperature or cold? It sounds delicious and I'm wondering if it'sa good option for summer picnics or bar-b-ques. Thanks for the great blog and recipes!

7. bethany|

this was fantastic. my family enjoyed the dish so much. a big thank you from all of us!

8. Darlen|

Just made this dish tonight and everybody loved it. My husband actually had 3 helpings. Excellent recipe and nice non carb side dish. I will definitely be making it again.