another inspiring story of a complete recovery through dietary changes

please take a minute to watch this video. marisa overcame 7 years of struggle with ulcerative colitis and healed herself with a macrobiotic diet, just the way i did. it’s so inspiring!  i promise, this can work for anyone! read more here.

1. Sherry|

This may seem like a very unpopular idea, but I'm going to post it anway, just try to be open-minded. ;)

Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) – I started on this at the end of January 2013 and find myself to be feeling better than I can ever really remember.

I don't have Crohn's, but I had been suffering from a myriad of other problems such as acid reflux, joint pain (I thought I had arthritis at the age of 45!), excessively dry skin, borderline high colesterol, and even with medication, my high blood pressure was wildly out of control.

I had a health check around the same time I changed my eating habits, and again just a few weeks ago.

Blood Pressure
    Then: 175/90 Now: 124/70 (I don't think it's ever been this good!)

Colesterol
    Then: 6.47 Now: 5.1

Weight
    Then: 94kg Now: 81kg

Resting Pulse
    Then: (N/A) Now: I was so relaxed in her office that it was only 58 lol

My skin problems are clearing up, my reflux is under control and getting better.

Do a little research and just see what you think. My favorite source of information is: htt://www.dietdoctor.com

Also, here's an article regarding lchf and Chron's, as well as other problems.

2. Sherry|

Sorry! I meant to post this to: ASK SARAH: are you still following the macrobiotic diet?

3. Ashlae|

I, too, had ulcerative colitis and healed myself with a plant based, wholesome diet. Incredible what food can do, yeah? Marisa is inspiring, indeed. Wish we could start some sort of movement to show people there ARE other options aside from steroids and azathioprine and pain killers.

4. tunie|

Wow, the doctor she described as not believing her should be sued for emotional abuse. The way he treated her was the most shocking thing I've ever heard!

Also, I just happened to surf here somehow from pinterest, but it just so happens that my neighbor wrote one of the top books on healing Crohns naturally: "Self Healing Crohn's and Colitis" by David Klein. Website is digestionperfection dot com.

5. Punter|

Proper diet is very much needed for a good health. We need to be conscious about our health and for that it is very necessary to take proper foods in required amount. Dieting can help the people to reduce their fat easily. Good diet can give a nice and beautiful health. But bad dieting can create several problems to health.

6. Punter|

7. Maria S.|

One of the most moving videos I've seen in a while–my heart goes out to Marisa and all she had to go through, including that dreadful doctor belittling her. I'm so glad she found a way to heal herself and move forward in her life and thrive and now help others with what she has learned–GO REAL FOOD!!

8. Kristen|

I just came across this and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Just over 10 yrs ago my Mother was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and spent 2 months in the hospital. Since that time she is on a strict regiment of medications that recently have become VERY costly which in turn has caused a lot of stress. I thought, there has to be a better way! And here is my answer. Thank you very much for posting this! Any additional information and sites that you have that discuss a macrobiotic diet would be appreciated.

9. Fresno Auto Body|

It’s awesome to pay a quick visit this website and reading the views of
    all colleagues on the topic of this post,
    while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

10. Talent conflict|

Hey there! This is mmy first visit to your blog! We are a teaam of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.

Your blog provided us valuable information to woork on. Yoou have done a outstanding
    job!

11. best dieting foods|

Excellent blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
    Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!