Happy Friday! The weekend is upon us and it’s begging the question- how will you treat yourself?! I’m offering up these muffins as an option. They’re free of refined sugar (and low in sugar in general) and gluten-free, easy to whip up and so delicious! Slathered in organic grass-fed melted butter, they’re a dream. A muffin lover’s Fall dream. Hope you love and have a great weekend all! xx- Sarah
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (as lump free as possible!)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine pumpkin puree, coconut oil, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well, until no lumps remain.
- Beat eggs in a small mixing bowl until well combined and then add to the wet mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg and pink salt. Whisk together.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, combining thoroughly (slow speed on a stand mixer).
- Line a 12 tin muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins, dividing evenly among the liners. Top with rough chopped pecans.
- Bake muffins for 13-17 minutes, checking with a toothpick for doneness. When it comes out clean from the center the muffins are done.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!