Happy Halloweenmy friends!!! I’ve got this not so spooky but definitely delicious Halloween inspired cocktail for you today- the Ginger Blood Orange Margarita! Blood oranges are coming back into season and I couldn’t be happier about it, so you’ll be seeing a lot of them around here. Adding them to margaritas is only the start of what I have planned. But what a delicious and fun start it is! Hope you have some mischief and fun ahead for holiday! See you back here Monday! xx- Sarah
- 2oz tequila (white)
- 2oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 oz ginger infused simple syrup (you may want more or less depending on your preference on sweetness)
- For the simple syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Bring water and sugar to a slow boil, mix until sugar is dissolved
- Add in peeled and sliced ginger (about 6oz. or two large chunks) and bring back to a simmer
- Let steep for 30 minutes or overnight for more intense flavor. Strain and let cool.
- For the Cocktail:
- Dip rims of glasses in simple syrup and then into salt.
- In a cocktail shaker combine ice, tequila, blood orange juice, lime juice and ginger simple syrup.
- Shake for ten seconds, then pour into glass.
- Serve with blood orange garnish. Enjoy!