Fresh, simple, high quality ingredients combined in just the right way. Food that are bursting with flavor, decadent in their simplicity. That, my friends, is how I’m eating these days. Savoring each bite, appreciating each flavor, celebrating ingredients by letting them shine with simple pairings that highlight their very best attributes. Sweet juicy figs, mint from our neighbor’s garden, the best goat cheese I’ve ever tasted and chopped sprouted walnuts all tossed lightly in a balsamic dijon dressing. Acidic and sweet, salty, punchy flavors. Just perfection on a Summer day. I hope you love! xx- Sarah
- Basket of Black Mission Figs, stems removed and halved
- 1/2 bunch of Mint, stems removed and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (sprouted or non-sprouted), rough chopped
- Goat Cheese- to taste
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Maldon Salt
- Combine balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, honey and sea salt in a small jar. Shake well to combine. Set aside.
- In a small serving bowl combine figs, mint, walnuts and goat cheese (the perfect amount for my preference was enough so that each bite could contain each of the ingredients!)
- Drizzle dressing (to taste), sprinkle with Maldon salt and serve immediately!