Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend! It was cold and rainy here, but we accomplished the move!!! Tonight will be our first night in the house, I cannot wait to start unpacking. As you can imagine I’ve mentally decorated and rearranged the furniture a million times already, so to be able to get into it and see it come to life will be SO fun!
Ok, now for today’s recipe….Turmeric nutmilk tea! It was one of those weekends when I was just chilled to the bone and nothing but warming foods and bevvies would do. And I’m also pumping my immune system with anti-inflammatory everythings at every turn, so any way/how I can get turmeric into my system is a win. With all of this in mind my partner in styling (and current housemate) and I whipped up this recipe and it’s AMAZING! Sweet and grounding and rich- it hits just the right spot and is the perfect way to treat yourself. Enjoy! xx- Sarah
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 3 dates, pitted
- (1) 2" piece of fresh turmeric (use a spoon to flake off the peel, it's easy breezy!)
- Raw Honey
- Sea Salt
- fresh grated nutmeg to garnish
- Soak nuts in water overnight in a large bowl
- Drain nuts, add to vitamix or other high power blender with 2 cups of water, dates and blend at high speed until thoroughly combined. For a thinner consistency to the milk, add additional water 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pour mixture into a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze milk into a small bowl or pitcher.
- Transfer milk to a small saucepan, add turmeric and heat over very low heat (use a flame reducer if possible for 30-40 minutes, stirring every once in a bit to mix.
- Add honey and sea salt to taste (optional).
- Serve hot, with a bit of fresh nutmeg grated over the top.
Recipe modified from this beautiful recipe for "Golden Milk"