This might be my new favorite salad. First, I love mache. It’s my favorite salad green lately. Second, browned cauliflower tossed in chimichurri? YES PLEASE!! And third: I’m pretty sure toasted pine nuts were sent directly from the Gods. This salad is super healthy, filling, and has a serious amount of flavor. I know you’re going to love it! Enjoy. xx- Sarah
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups uncooked (2 1/2 cups cooked) red quinoa
- (1) 3 1/2 oz container mache rosettes
- 1 scant cup of wide leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 full cups of cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups and 3 tablespoons high quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Maldon Salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, shallots, lemon juice, 1 1/2 cups olive oil, vinegar and 3/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste), stir thoroughly and set aside to allow flavors to develop while prepping the rest of the salad.
- Place 2 cups of quinoa and 3 1/4 cups water into rice cooker and turn on.
- Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork and set a side to cool.
- To prepare pine nuts preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pine nuts in oven on a lined baking sheet and roast for 3-5 minutes or until light brown, stirring often. * keep a close eye, pine nuts can burn quickly!
- To prepare cauliflower, remove stems and leaves and cut into small 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium low in a large saute pan.
- Add cauliflower, 1/4 teaspoon and an extra pinch of salt to pan.
- Saute cauliflower, stirring occasionally until well browned and soft.
- Transfer cauliflower to a medium mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup chimichurri and toss to coat.
- Place mache into a large serving bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa. Drizzle well with olive oil, the juice of one lemon and salt to your liking.
- Add cauliflower and sprinkle with pine nuts. Sprinkle Maldon slat and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Enjoy!
There will be extra chimichurri and extra quinoa left over! Both will be amazing mixed into a variety of other dishes.