Hello my friends! Today I have these delectable little potato, leek and mushroom cakelets for you! I have a deep love for the earthy pairing of potatoes and mushrooms. And these cakelets- they’re crispy, savory, super easy to make, and totally satisfying. We enjoyed ours with a giant salad and white wine. I highly recommend! Also, if you have leftovers- they’re amazing with an egg on top as a breakfast treat!!! Enjoy! xx- Sarah
Potato, Leek and Mushroom Cakelets
- 9 small red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 small leek, thoroughly cleaned and finely chopped
- (1) 4oz package of mushrooms (crimini, shiitake, oyster blend),cleaned and rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- scallions to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add chopped potatoes and cook for 30 minutes or until easily punctured with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper, gently mash with Earth Balance, leaving chunks of potato.
- In a medium saute pan mix olive oil and leeks and cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a pinch of pepper and mushrooms to pan. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add leeks and mushrooms to the potatoes, mix gently to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat, coat well with olive oil.
- Form potato mixture into small cakes.
- Once oil is heated add cakelets to frying pan, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped scallions.
Copyright A House in the Hills
Loving the combo of mushroom and potato. What a wonderful appetizer idea if you make them in smaller batches. Thanks for sharing!
If I could insert the home alone looking emoji here I would because that is what happened to my face when I saw these! They look so delicious and I will be saving this recipe to make ASAP! Thanks for sharing.
These look incredible! What gorgeous golden brown crust! I’ll be making these very soon!
These look absolutely scrumptious, I’ll definitely be making them for lunch this week! Thanks for sharing!
Okay this looks so delicious, I’ll have to try x
Yummm! I’ve got leeks…always have potatoes on hand so making these beauties! Happy Nesting.
Oh, thank you for sharing! This looks amazing 🙂 Kisses from Argentina♥
I love your recipes! Leeks are one of my favorite vegetables, so I’ll definitely give this meal a try.
I wanna eat it now 🙂
Happy New Year Pictures 2015
Looks soo good. I want to eat some now! Thanks for the recipe Sarah!!
They look so delicious and I will be saving this recipe to make ASAP! Thanks for sharing it here.
Happy Mothers Day Images
These were amazing. Reminded us of latkes – yum!