I know you probably already have your Thanksgiving menus planned, but just in case you’re looking for a super delicious and easy side dish to add to the mix- well I’ve got just the one for you! Roasted red kuri squash is just so damn good, but top it with tart dried cherries that’ve been sautéed in butter with rosemary and then mixed with pecans- you’ve got heaven on a plate. Seriously. And it probably takes less time to make than mashed potatoes. Just one more day until the biggest collective binge of the year! I cannot wait!! xx- Sarah
- 1 small/medium red kuri squash
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance vegan butter
- 3/4 cup rough chopped pecans
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Maldon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds, and slice into half moons.
- Place squash in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat lightly in olive oil, sprinkle generously with sea salt and roast for 25-35 minutes or until soft.
- In a medium saute pan combine Earth Balance, cherries, rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until cherries are soft and rosemary is fragrant. Remove from heat and add pecans. Mix well.
- Place squash on serving platter, cover with cherry mix and sprinkle with Maldon salt. Serve immediately!