Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I’ve got a perfectly healthy, satisfying and delicious Summer salad for you today- you will be amazed at how much flavor there is in this one! As usual, it’s a breeze to whip up and will get you in and out of the kitchen and back to Summer fun! YES!! It’s meals like this that truly make me love #EatCleanAugust. And, if you’re a skeptic of wild rice, this is a recipe to try. It just may convert you! xx- Sarah
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice mix
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 ripe nectarines, pits remove and sliced
- 1 ripe peach, pit removed and sliced
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of one large orange
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- pink himalayan salt or sea salt
- Maldon finishing salt
- almond slivers
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer. Add to a pot with a splash of coconut or Extra Virgin Olive oil and toast over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add veggie broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cover. Cook until all liquid is absorbed and rice is chewy (around 45 minutes). Add additional stock and cooking time if needed.
- Place rice in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl combine shallot, garlic, orange juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, red wine vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt (I used pink himalayan). Adjust salt to taste.
- In a large serving bowl combine wild rice, peaches, nectarines, and mint. Add dressing and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before serving- this gives the rice and peaches time to absorb the flavors of the dressing!
- Top with a generous handful of chopped mint and another generous handful of almond slivers before serving. Sprinkle with Maldon salt to finish and serve!