I have a confession- Lou and I ate these, exclusively, for dinner the other night. A meal comprised almost entirely of potato. I’m sure that’s a crime in some households but in ours it’s cause for a celebration! I was so happy, there’s something wickedly decadent about sitting down to a giant plate of potato wedges and being all “OK dinner, let’s do this!” I should say this might not satisfy some of you as the star if your meal, in which case these can be enjoyed alongside some other vegetables or whatever else you may like. But if you’re looking for a meal to make you feel like a kid with fancy tastes- I offer you these. Hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 5 medium/large potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for a minimum of 5 hours
- 3 juicy limes
- 1/3 cup + 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring a large salted pot of water to boil.
- Thoroughly clean potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 7 minutes. Remove and drain.
- In a small mixing bowl combine coconut oil, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and chili powder. Mix well.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet and use a baking brush to coat all sides of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and roast for 35 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.
- Plate as desired and squeeze juice of 1 lime over potatoes.
- Garnish with green onions and sprinkle liberally with finishing salt.
- Dipping Sauce: In a blender combine cashews (drained), juice of 2 limes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and coconut milk blending until thick and creamy. Additional coconut milk may be needed to achieve a consistency you're pleased with. Garnish with a sprinkle of chili powder.
The dipping sauce is best if made in advance and chilled, giving the flavors time to develop.