Are you looking for an insanely easy, exceptionally delicious and healthy meal that you can literally THROW TOGETHER?! Ok, not literally. Throwing food almost never works for making things delicious unless it’s pizza dough. But you get the idea. This dish is so simple and shockingly tasty. I mean, I was shocked. When I started it I thought I might’ve had an idea that was headed south faster than the snowbirds in January. BUT. BUT. BUT!!!! Yes, three buts. I was SO wrong. Make it! Please, please make it. Then photograph it and share it with me on Instagram (hashtag #ahouseinthehills) It will make my week. It’s seriously the best thing since this salad when you guys share your kitchen adventures with me, I get huge amounts of satisfaction from it. Probably weird amounts. Not creepy-werid, good weird. OK! I’ll go now. xx- Sarah
Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Onion Salad
Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side salad
2 large sweet potatoes
1 large red onion
3 tablespoons finely diced shallots
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
High quality extra virgin olive oil
1 juicey, fresh, sweet tangerine (sub orange if preferred)
1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
– Preheat oven to 375 F
– Slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch rounds and add to baking sheet.
– Cut onion into 1/4 inch slices and add to baking sheet.
– Generously coat sweet potatoes and onions in olive oil.
– Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
– Bake in oven for about 30 minutes
– Mix shallots in small bowl with 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil, the juice of one tangerine, 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
– Layer sweet potatoes onto, placing onions over the top.
– Dress with shallot viniagrette and sprinkle pecans over the top.
– Season with additional sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
– Enjoy warm!