If you’ve never had miso glazed eggplant, well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you’re totally missing out! Don’t worry though, I’m not just taunting you with photos of these delicious little suckers. There’s a recipe. And you should make them. I’d serve them with homemade sushi, or as a side with these carrot noodles in peanut sauce. Hop to it my friends! And if you can find the small, skinny Japanese eggplants those work even better. xx- Sarah
Miso Glazed Eggplant
5 small eggplants
3/4 cup +1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons chickpea miso
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– In a small mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of mirin and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
– Wash and dry eggplants. Cut in half and score at a diagonal.
– Brush eggplants with sesame/mirin mixture and roast for20 minutes.
– In a small mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup mirin, miso, coconut sugar and sea salt. Brush eggplants with mixture and return to oven.
– Roast an additional 20 minutes or until eggplants are soft, brushing with any leftover miso mixture halfway through.
– Serve immediately!