green beans are coming into season and i couldn’t be happier! this salad is surprisingly hearty and i’m pretty sure i ate about 3 lbs of it in a sitting. SO GOOD! the toasted almonds give it this smoky flavor and the mustard vinigriette gives it a little kick. i think you’ll be surprised by how delish it is. green beans, i celebrate you. hope you love! xx- sarah
4 cups of green beans (chopped into 1-2″ pieces, ends removed)
1 cup chopped almonds
1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain spicy mustard (homemade version here)
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- chop ends off of green beans and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- chop almonds and spread on roasting sheet. roast for 3-5 minutes, or until almonds are lightly browned and crunchy.
- bring a pot of salted water to boil and add green beans. cook for 3 minutes or until beans are cooked but still crunchy.
- drain beans and set aside
- in a small bowl combine mustard, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar and maple syrup. mix well.
- in a large serving bowl combine green beans, almonds and dressing. mix well and serve immediately!