I’m on a taco kick lately- like for the past ten years. HA! But seriously they’re my go-to when I want something delicious, quick and easy. They’re like reruns of The Office- they’ll always please and never ask anything of me. Today’s incarnation are grilled shrimp piled with crisp red cabbage, cilantro, jalapeno, lime crema and cotija cheese. Simple, satisfying, healthy and perfect for al fresco summer dining. I know you’ll love them! xx- Sarah
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced (seeds removed if you would like to avoid the heat!)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime (more to squeeze on tacos if you'd like!)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tortillas
- Make lime crema by placing sour cream, juice from 1/2 lime and sea salt in a small bowl. Asjust to taste.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high and brush with butter or coconut oil
- Add shrimp to grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet and then place on plate.
- Place three shrimps in each tortilla, add purple cabbage, cilantro, lime crema, jalapenos and cotija.
- Serve and enjoy!