I will admit I was a sceptical about the concept of vegan yogurt because, well- YOGURT! It’s such a distinct flavor and consistency, the idea that it could be replicated with nuts just didn’t seem possible. BUT! BUT!!!!! It’s yogurt my friends, it really truly is. And it’s heavenly. More like a thick creamy Greek style than a lighter yogurt- and that’s what I prefer anyhow. As if that weren’t enough- it’s super easy to make. So, for all of you who avoid dairy and miss yogurt- this is for you. Load it up with in season fruits, swap out the raspberries for blueberries if you’d like, toss on a handful of granola- just go nuts! Enjoy and for my stateside friends- happy holiday weekend! xx- Sarah
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight (8-12 hours)
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- 10 tbsp water
- 2 fresh soft dates or soaked dried dates, pitted
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp psyllium husks powder
- 1/2 cup water (more to your preference)
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender. Mix well. Add water to achieve a consistency you prefer! Let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, than check the consistency again. Add more water if needed.
- Serve chilled, topped with berries and granola, or however you like to enjoy your yogurt!
Recipe adapted from Green Kitchen Stories