Stone fruits are coming into season, hallelujah! Cherries are my favorite of all of them- and since they’re so expensive and in season for such a short time they’re like juicy, extra-coveted little gems to me! The amount of flavor in each one reminds me how magical this world is- how incredible it is that the earth provides us with such a vast amount of things to eat, taste, enjoy. We’re lucky ones!
This salad is a mixture of farmer’s market finds- apricots, cherries, heaps of mint, sheep’s milk feta, quinoa and pistachios. So much flavor, so light and perfect for Spring, so beautiful to look at. Magical indeed. Recipe below, I hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 2 cups cooked tri-color quinoa, chilled (I use this recipe to prepare quinoa)
- 1 small apricot
- 1 cup of pitted, halved cherries
- 1/2 cup rough chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of rough chopped roasted + salted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- sheep's milk feta to garnish
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Maldon Salt
- Prepare dressing by combining shallot, olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar and sea salt in a small bowl. Add salt to your taste.
- Mix quinoa, mint and enough dressing to please your taste preference. Set aside or refrigerate (it's nice for the quinoa and mint to have time to sit in the dressing and develop more flavor, so preparing in advance of serving is a great if you have the time!)
- Prepare apricot by removing stones and slicing into half moons.
- Spoon quinoa/mint mixture onto a serving plate. Tope with cherries, apricots, pistachios and sheep's milk feta. Drizzle with a little additional dressing, sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper and Maldon salt.