Hello my friends! Who still wants to be snuggled under the covers? THIS GIRL!!!! But Monday, we must go on. I’ve been keeping myself sane and healthy through the past couple of weeks with comforting bowls of healthy foods, doing everything I can to keep my immune system strong! For us this is the easiest way to eat- throwing a bunch of vegetables on top of a grain and drizzling it with a yummy sauce. It’s also the easiest to shop for- if I stock the fridge with piles of vegetables and some staples for sauces (cilantro, avocado, ginger, miso, tahini, etc) we’ll be all set for days, with very little thought or preparation. So, I’ll be sharing some of my goodness bowls, (previously known as the HOLY FUCK WE HAVE TO BE OUT OF OUR HOUSE NEXT WEEK AND HAVEN’T SORTED A NEW PLACE Bowl) in the coming weeks. Hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 medium heirloom carrots, roll cut
- 1 medium red onion, cut into half moons
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch of dino kale
- (1) 3.5 oz package of Bunapi mushrooms (or mushroom of preference)
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large clove garlic, mined
- 2 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 large juicy lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Thoroughly rinse rice and place in a heavy bottomed pot with ghee or coconut oil, turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and minced ginger. Cook over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until ginger and turmeric are fragrant and rice is lightly toasted. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until rice is soft and chewy. If necessary drain any excess liquid. When rice is done, remove from heat, fluff with a fork and season with additional salt to taste,
- Place carrots and red onion on a baking sheet, toss in 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt. Roast at 375° for 30-40 minutes, or until browned.
- Place kale and mushrooms in a medium saute pan, heat over medium low. Add 1 tablespoon gluten free Tamari, 1 tablespoon Mirin and saute until mushrooms are cooked and kale is wilted.
- Scoop rice into a single serving bowl, top with carrots, onions and kale/mushroom mixture. Serve with tahini miso dressing, avocado and garnish with hemp seeds if you'd like!