I’ve never met a noodle bowl I didn’t love, not a single one. And, generally speaking, they satisfy in ways that other bowls of food just can’t. Did you hear that noodles? I am never, ever, ever, breaking up with you. No, that wasn’t a reference to a Taylor Swift song, just FYI. Pure coincidence. I definitely don’t write love songs to noodle bowls. Although I could. DON’T TEMPT ME!! xx- Sarah
RAPINI NOODLE BOWL – VEGAN + GF
2 bunches of rapini
(1) 8oz package of buckwheat soba (I love this brand)
6 cloves crushed garlic
1 heaping tablespoon of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 cup reduced sodium tamari
1/8 cup mirin
1/2 lime per serving
- Bring large pot of salted water to bowl.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- When done, drain and rinse well under hot water.
- Wash rapini and trim off 1/2 inch off ends.
- Trim rapini into 1 inch pieces leaving some of the leaves.
- In a large frying pan combine 4 cloves crushed garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, a giant pinch of sea salt, green onions, and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Sauté over med-low heat for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add rapini to frying pan and mix well.
- Cook rapini, stirring frequently until softened to your taste preference (I prefer mine crisp to retain the bright green coloring!)
- In a small bowl combine Tamari, Mirin, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 cloves crushed garlic.
- Add noodles and tamari mixture to rapini. Cook for one additional minute.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime over each serving.
- Add additional red pepper flakes to taste for a little more heat!