I’m on the fence about whether this dish looks as good as it tastes, or even if it looks good at all. In person, it’s beautiful, delicious and satisfying. In photos, I’m not so sure. That happens to me sometimes when I’ve been looking at something too much, I start to question whether it’s good or awful! But I suppose whether a dish is photographic or not is irrelevant if it’s TASTY! And this is. Also, crazy easy to whip up. And hearty, warm, and so good for these cold days! Hope you love! xx- Sarah
Potato Kale Salad
- 11 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small bunch of curly kale, chopped into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more for roasting
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (sub maple syrup, just add 1/2 tablespoon at a time to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- sea salt
- Maldon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Thoroughly scrub potatoes, toss in enough olive oil to coat, sprinkle generously with sea salt and roast for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through. Half way through cooking gently turn potatoes to prevent burning.
- In a small bowl combine mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, coconut nectar and mix well. Adjust sweetness and tangyness to taste by adding more sweetener and red wine vinegar until you love it!
- When potatoes have cooked, remove from over, place in a large serving bowl and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Add kale and dressing to potatoes, toss well. Top with dried tart cherries, sprinkle generously with Maldon salt, fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately!
Copyright A House in the Hills
OMG! It LOOKS delicious – trust me!! I’m going to make this for sure!! Thanks for sharing and I LOVE your site.
I think this looks SO GOOD!!!!! Just in case you needed confirmation… I’ll definitely try this!
No, way! I pinned this salad before I even read the ingredients – it looks (and sounds!) delicious! Thanks, Sarah! Who doesn’t love an easy, tasty salad?
That looks so delicious, I keep this recipe in mind x
I think it looks beautiful and I’m loving the ingredient list!!
The dressing for this makes my mouth water. And the dried cherries sound perfect with the kale. Will have to try this!!
Who are you kidding Sarah? It looks DELICIOUS! And I’m pretty sure that not only it looks good, but it tastes good as well! Just pointing out a little typo : in the ingredients list, the word “vinegar is missing” just after “red wine”. Not sure how a red wine dressing would tatse like (this comes from a French girl who dislikes red wine. I don’t like cheese either. I DO love baguette and striped shirts though, so I guess that makes me half a real French!)
Whoops, misplaced the quotation marks above! Well, you got it anyway
I feel the same way sometimes about look at a set of photos for just too long! These do look really good btw. I’ll be adding it to my menu soon!
Yum! I’m always looking for new ways to use kale (especially when it’s not the main ingredient because I don’t love its taste THAT much!), and I love roasted potatoes…so this is going on my to-cook list for this weekend. Thanks, Sarah!
What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious experience regarding
I made these tonight for a large group of people and we all loved them. It’s my new favorite recipe of 2016! And it was super easy! Thank you!