Helllooo Tuesday! This is no ordinary Tuesday because today we’re celebrating Jess from How Sweet Eats and her pregnancy!!! It’s a virtual baby shower! I’m not super savvy with how virtual parties work (ok this is my first!), but I do love celebrating rad women doing amazing things!!! And honestly what is more amazing than GROWING A HUMAN BEING?! Nothing. Nothing at all. So Jess, hugest congrats to you and yours, that’s one lucky baby you’ve got sprouting in there! I made you a cocktail. (insert toothy emoji smile). I know, kind of a dick move since you can’t drink at the moment. BUT, I’m the gal that drinks too much champagne at real life baby showers and says embarrassing/inappropriate things to whoever is unfortunate enough to get stuck talking to me. So this is actually wildly appropriate and with the wonders of technology will still be here when you CAN enjoy a fizzy, sparkly, pomegranate-y drink once more! Congrats again!!! Happy baby shower-ing!!! xx- Sarah
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces pom juice
- 1 small bottle mango flavored soda water
- 6-8 sprigs rosemary
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- .5 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup of water to a small pan with 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, bring to a boil.
- Add sugar to boiling water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, strain rosemary leaves and set to cool.
- Clean and de-seed pomegranate. Set seeds aside.
- Pour Prosecco evenly into 4 cocktail glasses.
- Add .5 ounces of peach schnapps, .5 ounces rosemary simple syrup, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 ounce pom juice and a splash of mango soda water to each glass and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds to each glass.
- Allow the pomegranate seeds time to float to the top of the glass and garnish with 1 sprig of rosemary.
Best if made with chilled prosecco and peach schnapps, or with 1 - 2 ice cubes if needed.