Do you love Israeli couscous as much as I do?! I can’t be stopped. It’s not technically part of #EatCleanAugust since it’s processed (and for those of you who are avoiding gluten it’s a no-go!), but the month is almost over and we’ll need some healthy recipes to ease us into incorporating some lightly processed foods into our diets. And I couldn’t imagine a better one to start with. Light, Summer-y, full of flavor and texture- this salad is a dream, I promise you’ll love it! xx- Sarah
Israeli Cous Cous Summer Salad
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 cups green beans, chopped and ends removed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, rough chopped
- Bring 1 1/4 cups of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup Israeli couscous to water and simmer for 8-11 minutes or until all water is absorbed and couscous is soft and chewy.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and add green beans, cooking for 3 minutes until bright green and tender.
- Using a fine mesh strainer thoroughly rinse couscous and add to a medium serving bowl with green beans.
- Place couscous and green beans in refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill.
- In a small mixing bowl combine garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, juice of 1 orange with a round of fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Combine couscous with tomatoes, mint, almonds and dressing to your preference. Add an additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Let salad chill if possible to absorb the flavors of the mint and dressing.
- Sprinkle with Maldon or another finishing salt before serving.
Copyright A House in the Hills
This looks wonderful Sarah! Perfectly light but filling!
Thank you Millie! 🙂
oh my gosh i absolutely adore israeli couscous! i actually haven’t made it in awhile so thank you for the inspiration, definitely going to be trying this one 🙂
Thanks Molly! You’re going to love it! xx
This looks so good! I love all of your healthy recipes! 🙂
Thank you so much Krystal! 🙂
what a beautiful salad!
Thank you Kristin! 🙂
I never tried Israeil couscous until recently, and now I’m in love! All these veggies look wonderful Sarah!
I’m so glad you love it as much as I do, it’s just the BEST!!!! xx
Super great salad, yummy!!!
See you soon
Thanks, happy you like! 🙂
I’ve been craving all the salads lately and feeling so uninspired by them. But this, this is right up my alley.
Oh that makes me happy! Thanks so much Jensen! 🙂
This is the perfect Summer salad! I wish I would have had this recipe sooner!
Awe, is Summer drawing to an end where you are? We’ve got a couple more months of it ahead! You’ll have to keep this recipe in the books for next year! And I’ll come up with a cool weather Israeli couscous recipe for you! 🙂
This looks lovely! Isaeli Couscous is the best!
Thanks Liz! 🙂
I was never really into couscous until very recently and now, of course, I can’t get enough of the stuff. I’ll give this recipe a go. It looks delish.