Have I told you about my love of heirloom tomatoes and how I dream of someday moving to Greece (or Italy) and spending my days growing the most luscious varieties of tomatoes? That smell that your fingers takes on when you pluck one from a plant- it’s my favorite! It’s the epitome of Summer for me, that smell, and a juicy bite into a warm, fresh tomato. I always think I can taste the sun and the air and the earth. They’re heavenly. And I prefer to eat them with the simplest preparation, like these sweet little bruschetta! I hope you love as much as I do. xx- Sarah
- 1/2 french baguette
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 chiffonade of basil
- high quality balsamic vinegar
- In a medium mixing bowl combine tomatoes, garlic, sea salt and mix.
- Toast 12 slices of baguette until crispy and lightly browned.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto toasts, topping with basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with finishing salt. Serve immediately.