I know what you’re thinking- too simple to be a recipe. But, and this is a big BUT, this sauce is incredible. Really, spectacularly good. Add all of this confirms my belief that simple food is the best food anyway. If you’re going to eat pasta this summer, which I can’t think of a single reason why you wouldn’t, then this is the way to do it! Three cheers to tomato season! xx- Sarah
Sauce recipe very slightly adapted from this recipe (essentially just made dairy-free!)
- 2 lbs fresh roma tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons earth balance vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and halved
- 1 package of gluten free pasta (I love this brand the most, it's incredible!)
- salt, fresh cracked pepper, finishing salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Score tomatoes, boil for 1 minute and then let cool. Peel/remove skins and crush the tomatoes with your hands into a medium sauce pot.
- Add onion and butter to tomatoes and simmer on low until tomatoes start to break apart easily with a spoon. Crush them into a consistency that you like, adding salt and pepper as you go to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve!