Happy Friday my friends, I hope you have lots of fun planned for the weekend ahead. Today I’m sharing one of my secrets for a happy life- making the ordinary feel special! Some nights it’s all we can do to heat up some leftovers and plop ourselves at the table for a meal! But other nights we love to prepare a quick and easy meal like the one shown that feels decadent and special. Add a great bottle of wine and some gold flatware and just like that, dinner becomes festive! And really, with Lou at the grill and me doing a little prep in the kitchen this meal is thrown together in no time at all. Simple food, the best company and a bottle of wine makes for the perfect meal in my book.
So here’s what’s included in this dinner: a grilled corn and peach salad (recipe after the jump), grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini, a baguette, green olives, hummus, olive tapenade, and Chateau Ste. Michelle Sauvignon Blanc. Simple, healthy, delicious. Do you do things at your house to make weeknights feel special? It makes a world of difference! So here’s #AToastTo simple pleasures! Pop on over here to share your Toast for a chance to win a trip to the summer concert series at Chateau Ste. Michelle! xx- Sarah
This post was sponsored by Chateau Ste. Michelle. Thank you for supporting our sponsors!
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 1/2 fresh ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 ears grilled corn
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- Juice of two sweet oranges
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare the dressing by combining the shallot, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, orange juice and salt. Taste and adjust if you prefer it to be sweeter or more acidic.
- To prepare the salad clean and dry watercress, removing roots if applicable.
- Remove husks from corn and grill, giving them a slight charr.
- Combine watercress and peach slices in a large serving bowl.
- When corn has cooled enough to handle, use a knife to cut kernels off and add to the salad.
- Dress to your preference, sprinkle with finishing salt and add a little fresh cracked pepper if you please!