I’m plan to get through these upcoming months with the following coping mechanisms: humor, Instagram, daily naps, Pinterest quotes and APRICOT BALLS!!! That’s right, I’m relying on those things and YOU. I hope you’ll be with me – if you have a joke you’d like to leave in the comments (ANY DAY), it’s wildly appreciated. If you see something funny that you think might make me smile- by all means, PLEASE SHARE!!!! If you want to make these apricot balls and get them all up in your mouth, PLEASE DO! We’re all in this together (and these balls are seriously delicious)! HAPPY FRIDAY! xx- Sarah
- 1 cup dried whole apricots
- 1 cup dried slab apricots (the tangy variety!)
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Place apricots, pecans, honey and salt in a food processor and pulse until mixture is well combined.
- Spread coconut flakes on a plate.
- Hand form apricot mixture into 1-2 inch balls and roll in coconut flakes until evenly coated.
- Store in the refridgerator, enjoy cold!
I used the combination of the tart dried slab apricots with the sweeter whole dried apricots for the perfect balance - it's totally worth it to buy two kinds of apricots for the recipe, I promise!