APRICOT BALLS ALL UP IN MY MOUTH

apricot_balls_a_house_in_the_hills_-14

I’m plan to get through these upcoming months with the following coping mechanisms: humor, Instagram, daily naps, Pinterest quotes and APRICOT BALLS!!!  That’s right, I’m relying on those things and YOU.  I hope you’ll be with me – if you have a joke you’d like to leave in the comments (ANY DAY), it’s wildly appreciated.  If you see something funny that you think might make me smile- by all means, PLEASE SHARE!!!!  If you want to make these apricot balls and get them all up in your mouth, PLEASE DO!  We’re all in this together (and these balls are seriously delicious)!  HAPPY FRIDAY!  xx- Sarah

apricot_balls_a_house_in_the_hills_-18 apricot_balls_a_house_in_the_hills_-16

apricot_balls_a_house_in_the_hills_-17

APRICOT BALLS ALL UP IN MY MOUTH

Yield: 15 balls

APRICOT BALLS ALL UP IN MY MOUTH

Ingredients

• 1 cup dried whole apricots
  • 1 cup dried slab apricots (the tangy variety!)
  • 3/4 cup pecans
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut

Instructions

• Place apricots, pecans, honey and salt in a food processor and pulse until mixture is well combined.
  • Spread coconut flakes on a plate.
  • Hand form apricot mixture into 1-2 inch balls and roll in coconut flakes until evenly coated.
  • Store in the refridgerator, enjoy cold!

Notes

I used the combination of the tart dried slab apricots with the sweeter whole dried apricots for the perfect balance - it's totally worth it to buy two kinds of apricots for the recipe, I promise!

• Sarah Yates|

hmm Liz, I’m not sure about that one? I’d try them as they are first, add peanut butter second. :)

1. Amy|

Could you please give us shopping options for the Apricot Slab?
    I’d love to make these this weekend! :)

• Sarah Yates|

Hi Amy! I’m not sure what you mean? I know Trader Joes sells apricot slabs.

2. Lauren k|

As a first time poster ( but long time reader-you are great), I will bestow upon you my four year olds favorite joke:
    Q. What’s a dog that doesn’t bark?
    A. A hot dog!

Happy Friday and good luck with everything.

• Sarah Yates|

Oh Meghan, I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence so much! And I love Jimmy too, this was so funny! God, why is she so cute and funny and charming and ridiculous!!?! I need to be friends with her!

3. kaceyjt|

As always, another delicious looking recipe! We have a roadtrip coming up soon and these would be perfect for that. I’ll have to look around for apricot slab….I’m not familiar with that one:)
    And now for some smiles (hopefully), I’ve been loving these little youtube clips. So funny!

• Sarah Yates|

Thanks Billie but I don’t see it? I do love smiles though, if you have a chance to leave it again! :)

4. Game-Compass|

So verrissen Videospiele auch ist, so steht ja zum Glück fest, dass das Daddeln, eine gewisse Reife des Spielers vorausgesetzt, förderlich für die
    Stressbewältigungskapazität des Gamers sein kann. Beim
    Zocken lernt der Spielende ohne Stress schneller als üblich
    Entscheidungen zu machen und zwischen wichtig und unwichtig zu unterscheiden. Die meisten Spiele vermitteln zusätzlich noch
    Kenntnisse über Management und fördern die kognitiven Fähigkeiten des Spielenden. Selbst die verrissenen MMOs
    können doch öfters den an den Haaren herbeigezogenen Effekt des Abdriftens in eine
    falsche Realität} aufhalten. Der Spieler mag mitunter einigen unfreundlichen Menschen begegnen,
    doch findet man manchmal exakt in seinem Favoriten Gleichgesinnte.

Summa summarum: daddeln ist hammer! Ungeachtet des
    Spiels und der Plattform, Zocken ist Kultur.

5. michael kors usa kicks|

I feel that is among the most significant
    info for me. And i’m satisfied studying your article.
    However want to statement on some normal issues, The web site taste
    is ideal, the articles is actually great : D. Just right process, cheers

6. best steam vacuum carpet cleaner|

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this site.
    I’m hoping to view the same high-grade content from you later on as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me
    to get my own, personal site now ;)