i had a few requests for this when i posted about my new healthy habits. we have this juice (or a variation of it) every morning and it’s the perfect start to our day. a few juicing tips, if you’re interested:
- juice your greens first to get the most out of them, and on the lower speed setting if you have that option. then ginger next!
- if the green taste is too much at first (my dad said it tastes like the “freshly mowed lawn”) add a bit more fruit or a carrot to sweeten it and then phase them out as your taste buds adjust
- if you’re the type of person who can’t get enough sour- add more lemon!
- if you have a significant other to share the juicing responsibilities with it sure does help- we try to split up the work. if i juice, he cleans. it really helps!
- i think the juice tastes significantly better when served in a frosty canning jar.
- if you’re considering purchasing a juicer, we love our breville. and it’s on sale here for $89!
if you have any favorite juice recipes, please share! i’m thinking of doing another short cleanse to ring in the new year. OH, and please note: this recipe makes 2+ very large glasses of juice, so halve it if you’re juicing solo!