Being a pet owner is not just about the boundless joy our four-legged companions bring us, but it’s also about being responsible for them. This typically means letting our adventurous, outgoing, and physically active animals outside. However, by doing this, you’re letting in dirt, mud, sticks, leaves, and even insects into your living space.
These external elements have the potential to activate allergies and respiratory issues for home dwellers. While you can’t (and shouldn’t) limit how your pets spend their time outdoors and indoors, the wisest and most crucial decision a pet owner can make is to invest in a top-notch pet vacuum cleaner. Specially developed for homes with pets, they can be an excellent tool for ensuring indoor hygiene and cleanliness.
Here are more reasons why every pet owner should consider a pet vacuum cleaner for their home:
1. Minimizing Stray Pet Hair
Pet fur is a struggle to clean using a brush or roller. They are thin, often long, and get stuck to fabrics due to static charge. However, vacuum cleaners have powerful suction forces and a wide range of attachments that can be used to remove the hair by merely running the suction head twice on surfaces.
Pet dander, which consists of microscopic flakes of skin cells shed by pets, can also be managed with the help of a pet vacuum cleaner. A dust storage bag (or bin) also ensures adequate space for fur before being properly discarded.
2. Extending the Life of Household Items
If they are used for prolonged periods of time, regular vacuum cleaners can get jammed or might end up losing their suction strength over time making your job significantly more difficult in terms of hair removal.
A pet vacuum cleaner is made keeping this aspect in mind. Typically built with powerful suction, these types of vacuum cleaners can easily trap the thinnest of hairs and have specific attachments that can be used for cleaning different types of surfaces with ease.
4. Preventing Allergic Reactions
Pet vacuum cleaners typically have advanced HEPA filters that can contribute to trapping pet dander, fur, and allergens. Their enhanced suction power and specialized design play a key role in ensuring a cleaner household.
5. Versatile Cleaning for All Households
Whether you live in an apartment or a mansion, pet vacuum cleaners are versatile and can be used on various surfaces. Their main purpose is to reduce the amount of allergens, fur, and other irritants from your living space.
Notably, a pet vacuum cleaner can be used for cleaning upholstery, stairs, and even hard-to-reach spots in your house, thanks to accompanying attachments.
6. Minimizing Noise While Cleaning
Pet vacuum cleaners are engineered to be quiet and smooth even while operating at full suction power. This is due to the fact that loud noises can stress and scare pets. Their quiet and hassle-free cleaning action offers a pleasant experience for both pets and their owners.
What to Consider When Choosing a Pet Vacuum Cleaner
- Your pet’s shedding characteristics determine the extent and frequency of cleaning required.
- If specialized cleaning attachments are available, look for motorized brushes, extension hoses, and crevice tools, as they can easily clean hard to reach spots.
- For better allergy control, look for vacuum cleaners that have HEPA filters.
- Opt for higher suction power as this can help to trap thin hair, dander, and other particles from surfaces.
- If your pet likes to play with almost everything while you’re inside the house, you may want to consider opting for a cordless vacuum cleaner for safety purposes. Make sure to check the run time and time taken to charge the device completely.
Every pet owner aspires to give their pets the best life, and cleanliness plays a vital role so you can snuggle with them without worry.
A pet vacuum cleaner is an excellent choice as they are powerful, technologically advanced, and can be used on most household pets. Using this device just 2-4 times a week is all that’s needed to ensure a brighter and cleaner home.