The days are getting shorter, the leaves are changing color, and the air is getting crisp – which can only mean one thing: fall is here! When the leaves start to change color, and the weather gets cooler, it’s time to start thinking about Fall farmhouse decor!
There’s no better time than now to start thinking about ways to spruce up your home for the autumn season. From cozy blankets and pillows to warm color schemes, there are endless possibilities when it comes to Fall decor.
There are so many great ideas out there, and it can be hard to decide where to start. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
This blog post will give you 18 marvelous farmhouse Fall decor ideas that you can use to make your home cozy and stylish. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your fall decorating today!
1. Farmhouse Bedroom Fall Decor
As the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler, it’s time to start thinking about Fall decor. One of the coziest places to decorate for Fall is the bedroom. There’s something about Fall that makes us want to curl up in a warm, inviting space and get cozy.
With very little effort, you can transform any room in your home into a comfortable space that’s perfect for Fall. Some different decor ideas to make your bedroom Fall ready are:
- Buy a few fall candles, such as these gorgeous fall farmhouse candles, from Etsy.
- Add some soft blankets and beautiful quilts.
- Make a centerpiece with some small pumpkins or gourds and corn stalks.
- Next is to add some cushions on the floor to make it cozier!
- Change your curtains to either plaid or checkered ones, or go for different colors like pink and purple to add a touch of color!
- Finally, you could add some artificial leaves to the wall.
2. Farmhouse Entrance Fall Decor
To make your homes feel warm and welcoming, add some festive fall decor to our entryways. After all, first impressions are important! A rustic wooden bench or a woven basket are great options. Then, add some seasonal touches like pumpkins, gourds, and leaves.
Some different ways of decorating your entrances this fall are:
- You could also add some pumpkins around the entrance.
- Or you could place some fall decorations right on your windowsill!
- To enter even warmer, place a few throw pillows or blankets on your couch right in front of the door!
- And finally, to get the ultimate fall look, put some artificial leaves on the wall by your front door!
3. Front Porch Fall Decor
Flowers and pumpkins aren’t the only things that make a beautiful fall display. Fall decor doesn’t have to be complex or time-consuming. You can add some simple fall decor and ramp up the style of your porch.
This beautiful centerpiece is made from a stack of books filled with pumpkins, gourds, and leaves. Other things you could do are:
- Place some pretty candle holders on your porch.
- Add some boxes with flowers.
- Add some pretty hooks to hang your purses on.
- Use some cobwebs to create a fall feel.
4. Cozy Blankets and Throw Pillows
Have we all heard of the saying “a warm blanket is better than a cold shoulder” right? Well, in our world, blankets are a necessity rather than a luxury! On those chilly nights when you can’t seem to get warm, there is nothing more comforting than snuggling under a blanket.
Blankets are also a fantastic way to add some cozy farmhouse style to your home. And if you’re looking for throw pillows and blankets that will last for years, then look no further than American-made at American Blanket.
This variety pack is the perfect way to find your favorite blankets in every size and style without breaking the bank. With so many styles to choose from, you will find your favorite!
American Blankets makes their blankets in America with quality materials that ensure years of use. They use 100 percent micro blanket cotton, which is warmer than other conventional fabrics.
Other than blankets, some more options to go to for creating a warm fuzzy corner in your house is:
- A big cozy rug can be placed in front of the couch or bed!
- A beautiful fur throw.
- A gorgeous knit throw blankets.
- And a cozy overlap throw blankets.
5. Metal Pumpkins and Gourds Decor
Pumpkins make such a gorgeous addition to your fall decor! They’re so versatile; you can use them in so many ways. Fall is the perfect time to embrace some fun and pretty metal pumpkins.
You can find metal pumpkins almost anywhere during the Halloween season, but they also make a gorgeous addition to your fall decor.
Some different varieties of metal pumpkins are:
- Enameled ones
- Hand-painted black and white ones
- Many colored ones
- And last, my favorite ones: the small metal gourds! They are so adorable, and you can also put a candles in them!
6. Beautiful Wreaths
There is nothing like the smell of a fresh fall wreath to welcome your family home. A beautiful fall wreath is a great way to add some fall decor to your front door while adding a pop of color. This is perfect because you don’t have to go overboard with holiday decor if you don’t want to (or can’t).
Some different wreaths are:
- A beautiful grapevine wreath
- Fall wreath with flowers and pumpkins
- A simple fall wreath made with branches
- Or you could go for a rustic wooden basket.
7. Flower Vases and Planters
This is the perfect time of year to get creative with flowers! Flowers are an easy way of adding a touch of color to any room in your home, and they’re perfect for autumn decorating as well. You can find flower pots and vases anywhere during fall.
Different ways to add flowers are:
- Pretty flowers or herbs in a kitchen cabinet/window box.
- Fill a pretty flower pot with pumpkins and gourds.
- Place some fresh flowers in your entryway.
8. Fall Table Decorations
A great way to add some fall decor to your table while showcasing the beautiful colors of fall is through your table decorations. Keep your table looking gorgeous by using beautiful plates, bowls, and napkins that you can buy online.
Some things you could use are:
- Use some pretty napkins to cover your dining table.
- Pretty plates to cover the dinner table.
- Add some gourds to a decorated bowl.
9. Candle Holders
Candles are a beautiful way to add some fall decorations to your home. But you can also add candles for an even more beautiful to look. They never disappoint when it comes to making your space look elegant and comfortable.
Some different ways you could use candles are:
- Decorate your windowsill with pretty candlesticks or candles
- Decorate your fireplace with votive holders!
- To make a candle holder from pumpkins, gourds, and leaves.
And last but not least, take some small pumpkins and leave them together by the candle holders for a fun look! You can also place artificial flowers on top of the candle holder.
10. Farmhouse Living Room Fall Decor
What is the best way to make your living room look more stunning? Add some beautiful fall decor, and you’re ready to go!
Every time someone walks into your home, they should be wowed by all the fall decor you’ve crammed into a small space!
Here are some great ideas for your living room:
- Add some pretty candles and a centerpiece on a side table or coffee table.
- Use pumpkins as decorative pieces on your fireplace mantel or on top of a cabinet.
- You can also use flowers and candles to decorate your dining room table.
- Add some pumpkins on a side table or coffee table.
If you have a small dining room, this is the perfect way to add some fall decor to your dining room! They are so pretty, and you don’t have to spend much money on them either!
11. Farmhouse Kitchen Fall Decor
For some of you that live in apartments or smaller homes, you may not have a lot of space for fall decorating. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be creative with the space you have! There are so many ways to make your kitchen look great during fall using just very little space.
Here are some things you could do:
- Make your kitchen look even more beautiful with pretty cakes
- Use pumpkins to make a beautiful centerpiece for your kitchen table.
- Make a pretty display using these little pumpkins and leaves. Set them on top of the island in between bookshelves or whatever you have.
- Use a pumpkins to make a pretty centerpiece for your table!
12. Elements of Fall
There are a few key things you can do to add some fall flair to your home without going overboard. First, swap out any summer décor for fall-themed pieces. This could be something as simple as adding a few pumpkins or gourds to your mantle or coffee table.
You can also add some fall-scented candles to your home to make it smell like autumn. Finally, bring in some cozy throws and pillows to make your home feel warm and inviting.
Another way to add a touch of fall to your home is to incorporate some autumnal colors. This doesn’t mean you have to go out and buy all new furniture or accessories. Instead, you can switch out a few key pieces with items that are red, orange, or yellow.
13. Comfortable Fireplace Decor
If you’re looking to add a touch of coziness to your home this fall, there’s nothing quite like a fireplace. Whether you have a real fireplace or an electric one, you can use it as a focal point for your fall decor. Fill your fireplace with warm blankets, cozy pillows, and fall-themed decorations. You can even add fresh pumpkins and gourds to give it a bit of an autumnal feel.
Fill a wicker basket with fresh greenery and pumpkins, or drape a plaid blanket over the mantel for a cozy farmhouse look. You can even make your fireplace screen by painting an old wooden one or using a pretty fabric.
14. Berry Vinegar Candles
Candles are a great way to make any space feel cozy. If you’re looking for a unique way to decorate your home for fall, why not try making a berry vinegar candle?
The warm, earthy scent of the vinegar is balanced out by the sweetness of the berries, making it a perfect scent for the season.
All you need is a mason jar, some berries, and some vinegar. Simply fill the jar with berries, add vinegar to cover, and let it sit for a few weeks. The berries will release their color and scent into the vinegar, creating a beautiful, natural candle.
15. Leaf Place Mats Decor
These leaf place mats are the perfect way to add a touch of fall to your dining room table. Not only are they cute, but they’re also easy to make. Gather up some leaves from your yard, press them between two pieces of wax paper, and voila! You’ve got yourself a set of personalized placemats that are sure to please.
These leaf place mats are the perfect way to add a bit of fall flair to your dining room table. They’re simple to make and can be customized to match any color scheme.
16. Faux Fall Wreaths
Wreaths are a staple of fall decor, and there are plenty of ways to incorporate them into your home. If you want to go the traditional route, you can make a wreath out of real leaves and flowers. Or, if you’re looking for something a little more unique, you can make a wreath out of burlap, fabric, or even paper.
These wreaths are created from brightly colored leaves and fall-themed flowers. Your front door is the perfect place to add a little fall flair. And what better way to do it than with a beautiful wreath? A wreath is an easy and festive way to decorate your home for fall.
17. Fall Floral Arrangements
One of the most popular ways to add a touch of fall to your home is with some beautiful fall floral arrangements. You can find all sorts of fall flowers at your local grocery store or farmer’s market, and they’re relatively easy to put together. Just grab a vase, some floral foam, and your favorite fall blooms, and you’re good to go!
You can use flowers like mums, daisies, and sunflowers to create colorful centerpieces for your table. For a more rustic look, try using dried wheat stalks or corn stalks in your arrangements.
Farmhouse fall decor is all about creating cozy, inviting spaces that make you feel at home. One of the best ways to do this is by using lanterns to add a warm, inviting glow to your space. You can find lanterns at most home goods stores or online.
Fall is the perfect time to break out the lanterns! Place lanterns of different sizes and colors around your porch or patio for a cozy and inviting fall vibe.
The Final Word
Now you know several ways to decorate your home for the fall season. Depending on your personal preferences, you can adapt the fall decor for your home. The idea is to create a warm and cozy atmosphere and use seasonal decorations as much as possible.
There are many more affordable and amazing ideas that you can explore, but they will not easily fit into this article. From cozy blankets to warm, scented candles, there are plenty of ways to make your home feel cozy and inviting.
If you have any questions or comments, then please leave them in the comment section below.
Go and decorate your home in all things fall now!