Painting is an essential component for every person who gets painted their spaces, whether it’s an office house or any other place. It demands a huge amount of spending to get every corner of space to get beautifully covered up with colors.
Hence, maintaining these painted walls needs extra care and maintenance to keep up their charm until planning future repainting tasks. Especially neutral color applied walls, which demand special care.
However, the use of neutral colors for bedrooms, drawing rooms, kitchens, or any other place plays the role of a blank canvas that can be electrified by adding some accents to it.
So, in this article, we will cover the maintenance and care of neutral-painted walls. Let’s get started with the same.
Why Do Painted Walls Need Maintenance?
However, maintenance of care of a painted wall not only resisted with neutral painted wall colors. Every painted wall color needs to be maintained. The reason behind this is
- Painting projects consume a lot of money, and most of the time, every two years, walls need to be repainted. Hence, keeping their elegance till repainting is important.
- As we know, painting tasks are hard and expensive, and people might not be able to get their walls painted every year or two years. So they have to take extra care of painted walls.
How to Care for and Maintain Neutral Color Painted Walls?
When it comes to having clean, spotless walls, it does not matter how much effort you put into keeping up your nicely painted walls as clean as new. They will get some unpleasant spots, pencil or crayon marks, handprints, etc. In the case of neutral-painted walls, they need some excessive care to maintain their elegance over time. So, to get some essential maintenance tips, first, we must learn about different paint types and primary neutral color shades.
Types Of Paint
- Mat Finish
- Eggshell Finish
- Semi-Gloss Finish
- Gloss Finish
Primary Neutral Colors
However, it does not affect using these neutral colors for the bedroom, kitchen, drawing rooms, or any other space; the natural, earthy, and sustainable hues they create in the space are very important. And maintaining that flavor on the wall for as long as possible is a tough task to conduct. So here are some tips you can get along with to care for your neutral walls.
Tips to Maintain Neutral Painted Wall
- The first and foremost tip is to make sure to apply a semi-gloss finish or gloss finish paint on walls because they are easier to clean and maintain than eggshell finish or mat-finished walls.
- When you are getting painted in your place, ask your paint expert to allot at least one sample can of paint or buy it from the vendor. It will be useful for future wall touch-ups.
- Most of the time, walls or surfaces are very neglected parts of a place when it comes to dry dusting. So, increase the frequency of wall dusting. Use wall cleaner mops to remove dust from the wall.
- Try to do deep wet cleaning occasionally to wipe off stains and odors.
- In some cases, there are stubborn stains. You can apply the following easy ways to remove stains like oil stains, pen, pencil, or crayon scribbling stains.
Wiping Out Stains from Walls
1. Normal Stains
Required material – wall duster, multipurpose cleaner, microfiber sponge, warm water.
For usual cleaning practices, first, remove dust from the walls using a wall duster. Add a multipurpose cleaner in the warm water and scrub the walls with the sponge ( soak the sponge in the water every time after scrubbing the wall). This way, you can maintain the neutral color-painted areas of the house that encounter more traffic.
2. Pen/Pencil/Crayon/Color Stains
Required material – Non-gel toothpaste, toothbrush, white cloth.
First, apply the pest on the stain and rub it using the toothbrush. After getting it rubbed, remove the pest from the wall using a white cloth (don’t use colored cloth. It may have a chance to transmit color on the wall). This easiest home-based method will help to get stubborn stains removed with less effort.
3. For Oil Stains
Required material – white chalks, microfiber cloth
To remove oil stains, rub white chalk on the oil stains in heavy amounts and let it rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, the chalk dust will absorb the oil. Wipe off the chalk dust thoroughly using a dry microfibre cloth. And then, clean it with a wet microfiber cloth. This is the ultimate and super easy way to disappear greasy marks from neutral-painted walls.
Apart from the shared maintenance tricks and tips, there are several ways to get achieve a new-like appearance of neutral-painted walls. However, these are considerable and cost-effective to add to your routine cleaning habits.
Neutral paints are trending these days, even if they are considered monotonous or dull, but experts read this color as a limitless creative element of walls. It required specific maintenance and care to enhance the beauty of every house space, such as applying neutral color for the bedroom, like the innermost part, or applying it to crowded areas, like leaving the room.
In this article, we have shared some essential and easy ways to take good care of neutral-painted walls. All the important aspects described in the article will guide you to have refreshed, shiny, and elegant neutral walls.