I’m on the fence about whether this dish looks as good as it tastes, or even if it looks good at all. In person, it’s beautiful, delicious and satisfying. In photos, I’m not so sure. That happens to me sometimes when I’ve been looking at something too much, I start to question whether it’s good or awful! But I suppose whether a dish is photographic or not is irrelevant if it’s TASTY! And this is. Also, crazy easy to whip up. And hearty, warm, and so good for these cold days! Hope you love! xx- Sarah
- 11 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small bunch of curly kale, chopped into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more for roasting
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (sub maple syrup, just add 1/2 tablespoon at a time to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- sea salt
- Maldon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Thoroughly scrub potatoes, toss in enough olive oil to coat, sprinkle generously with sea salt and roast for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through. Half way through cooking gently turn potatoes to prevent burning.
- In a small bowl combine mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, coconut nectar and mix well. Adjust sweetness and tangyness to taste by adding more sweetener and red wine vinegar until you love it!
- When potatoes have cooked, remove from over, place in a large serving bowl and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Add kale and dressing to potatoes, toss well. Top with dried tart cherries, sprinkle generously with Maldon salt, fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately!