Hi friends! If you’re living through Summer the way I am (air conditioning blasting, feet in the sand every chance you get and as many cool foods as possible), this recipe is for you! Light, easy to prep, delicious with a tangy sweetness- it’s all that I want in a Summer dinner these days! Bonus points if you fire up the grill and eat outside where everything tastes better. Double bonus points if you have ice cream for dessert. TRIPLE BONUS POINTS if you follow it up with a night swim- doesn’t matter where: pool, ocean, creek, I’m not picky. What can you use these point for you wonder? I DON’T KNOW. But you’ll have them. You figure out the rest. Happy Summer’ing everyone! xx- Sarah
- 1 lb Mahi Mahi
- 2 large Ataulfo mangoes
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 head of butter leaf lettuce
- 1 large avocado
- handful of cilantro
- 1 lime, additional for serving if desired
- ghee for cooking (if not on grill)
- sea salt, finishing salt
- Place mahi mahi in a bowl with the juice of one lime, and a couple of sprinkles of salt. Let fish sit in marinade while prepping the salsa and lettuce.
- Separate leaves from butter lettuce head and set aside.
- Dice mango and red onion. Chop cilantro. Place mango, onion and cilantro in a small mixing bowl, add lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Mix and taste. Add additional salt or lime juice to taste.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Place fish on grill and cook until fish is flaky and lightly browned (3-4 minutes on each side).
- Arrange lettuce cups on a large serving platter. Add a slice or two of avocado to each cup. Break off pieces of the mahi mahi and place into lettuce cups. Sprinkle with finishing salt
- Top with spoonfulls of mango salsa, add a bit more chopped cilantro if you'd like and serve with lime wedges.