I picked up the absolute sweetest, crispest, loveliest Asian pears at the farmer’s market recently and was reminded that of all pears, they’re the ones that truly have my heart. I love them in this warm kale salad because they’re truly the star, it’s just such a nice way to highlight their amazingness. And their sweetness, with the tart dressing and the pecans- divine! Ok, I could obviously wax on about Asian pears for days, which is so weird of me, so I’m going to stop just short of the moment you decide I should probably get a hobby. But make this salad, I know you’ll love it! xx- Sarah
- 2 bunches lacinato kale, stems removed
- 2 medium Asian pears, cored and cut into slices
- 1/cup cup pecans, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- juice of one large lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2-1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 large clove crushed garlic
- coconut oil
- Maldon salt and fresh cracked pepper
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, shallot, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, honey or maple syrup and sea salt. Adjust salt and honey to taste.
- Use coconut oil to lightly coat a saute pan. Cook kale in batches over medium low heat until bright green and slightly soft.
- Pile kale onto a large serving plate, top with sliced pears and pecans. Dress to your preference. Sprinkle with maldon salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve immediately!